Sunday, May 20, 2012

First Year of a new House

Being a new home owner I realize that there are things that I have taken for granted in life... Some how in my mind there were things a house always had.... like a shovel and a rake... perhaps a power drill..... You know all those handy things that my dad has just always had... (well always in my knowledge).  Now we seem to have the issue of... "honey we need to do some yard work, you know mow the grass trim the edges... water some things" Then we have to make a trip to the store to pick up some basic lawn care supplies... so an afternoon project becomes a whole day excursion.

Please don't feel that I am complaining... I have budgeted and was ready for these added expenses. But was not ready for the realization of all the wonderful things I have always taken for granted. I have rented so there were many things I just did not need. But now ohhhh my....
So I will say with pride... Mr. N and I now are the proud owners of a battery powered weed whipper... a shovel,  a rake, a lawn mower, and sadly some ant killer....( my deck was crawling with the little guys)

Boy oh boy am I ever glad that we planned for these purchases..

Now for the wonderful parts of owning our own home... it is OURS!! If something breaks we can fix it. If I want to put up pictures I don't have to ask permission....
I have a back yard I can relax in... I have a quiet home (until my dancing starts up again) that I can heal and get better in. A home...

There is nothing like it...
I have yet to have a house warming but Mr N and I are planning it soon.
It is going to be very much fun...

And you can see my shovel and my power drill if you would like :) They are quite nice :) But you have to leave them here... I did not budget for the both of us you know.

Have a wonderful day... I know I will.. I just used my extra strength hay fever meds and weed whipped the edges of my lawn... somehow it is quite fun.

Until next time-- enjoy your tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment