Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Country in the City...

So growing up in the country we had cats... good mousers, this was essential because the little rodents are planning to take over the world... why else would you need to have that many babies all at once....

Sorry apparently I have some unresolved issues with mice....

Back to my story I grew up with two cats... Patches and Ying they were the kind of cats that got to go outside and come back in when they wanted... Maybe I was naive but I did not think you could have indoor/outdoor cats in the city....


However in my neighbour hood at least this is just not the case... we have many.... I have nick named some of them

1. Duck and Cover Kitty.... this cat comes outside all the time he or she darts quickly from one hiding spot to antoher... always keeping an eye out for its friend

2. Sneak attack kitty... this cat hides above Duck and Cover's favorite spots and pounce... smack...run... really it is always fun to watch this cat in action.... one of the best times was when Sneak Attack was hiding behind the tire of a car waiting for Duck and Cover to come by... and after a while he/she did... then it was all hisss... smack... run....

3. Captain Tubby... This cat never hurries... rarely hides... and is huge... Sometimes it looks like his tummy is going to drag on the ground... and when he walks by.... it is with such attitude... and of course since he is a large tummy cat... he has those swaying roles that swoosh back and forth if on the rare occasion Captain Tubby ever feels like hurrying...

4. Black Panther... Now this cat is a street wise fellow/gang member... he slinks in the shadows and glares down the opponents... I myself get out of the way when the Panther is in town....

5. Lawn Ornament... this cat likes to strech out and bask in every sun beam... however if he feels detected by anything.... he sits stock still... with the whole "nothing to see here... keep it moving... move along..." look.

6. Little Friend... This cat was new yesterday (well new to me) this one came right up to me and looked starved for attention and a little skinny... so my heart melted... well I sat and said hi... (which turns out to be the wrong move for Little Friend then spent most of the night laying on my doorstep...


So as you can see my realization is that there are many outdoor/indoor cats in the city... Now I realize this is not a wonderful deep realization.... but really I rarely have those... so this is as good as it gets for now....



Till next time.... enjoy your tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    I enjoy your neighbourhood cat tales (tails?). I'd love to hear more about your city kittys! (If you feel like sharing, or if they continue to be interesting-like).
    Also- I've been picturing them all where you lived when I visited- may need to update my mental pictures, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete