Thursday, June 23, 2011

You Had Me at Spaghetti....

The story of Mr. N and me....

This was requested... how Mr N and I met.  So here it goes. WARNING LONG STORY...
There was once a girl named Charlotte (oh that's me) and she went out for dinner with a group of friends. (a pasta place that carries GF pasta as well hence the catchy title) One of the friends moved the day before and could not find her kitchen so wanted to go out for dinner. Mr N had helped her move so he also got a dinner invite.

I was in a particular mood... as a couple of the girls and I were going to hang out and have a games night. (so like a regular person I put a deck of dutch blitz in my purse)... so we are chatting and waiting for the rest of the guys to show up....

(now here is where the story will differ depending on what side you saw.... and well if you were inside my head this is the version I am going to tell)

I am sitting at the table being ridiculous (shocker I know) and suddenly I get this tingly warm feeling from the tips of my toes to the top of my head.... (really you can't make this stuff up) Then I turn around and see Mr. N... on the outside I tried to look cool and collected but any wall I could ever think of making was crumbling before formation was possible... So when I got Charlotte... this is Nick... "Hi Nick" I some how kept the fuzzy feeling from my voice... all the while thinking "holy good looking handsome man batman!!"
Dinner came and went... and the poor boy got 100% goofy crazy Charlotte. Once dinner is over and Candy, Stephanie and I are talking about playing games at Candy's later... So I pull out the deck of cards in the resturant (lucky we are all regulars so they just laughed) I think it was the worst round of Dutch Blitz that I have ever played in my life :) (I was having trouble concentrating)
When it is time to take this show on the road Candy invites Mr N and his friend Adam (did I mention he was there?? No?? sorry Adam) over to our games night at her place...

So Candy gives out the directions  and when I get in her car we talk casually and she throws out "so what do you think of Nick??" I was surprised by my gut reaction to her question... my insides went all fuzzy and a little jealous, thinking that she might also be thinking he was charming and handsome and amazing....  So I tucked my emotions in my left sock (safest place you know) When I finally answered her I said something like " he seems nice and he is cute"

When we all finally got to Candy's I made fresh avocado salsa. Yummy and went over well... then we played cards till 5:00am (really I only made it to 4:30 before the couch called my name) Mr. N and I were on a team because we had one extra player.... because of the type of game it is we had to sit close and I kept bumping his arm... he was moving to slow :). I was trying hard not to show my interest but apparently that did not work... the girls knew... they always seem to... but I figured he would never see my as anything but the "crazy" friend. 

Then the conspirisy started.(I really should say the part I knew about).. next week there was another dinner... and games night... this time I made rice crispy squares... ummm so good... and there Nick was again... This time a different friend came to dinner and while I was away from the table I guess he leaned over said something to the effect of "so what do you think of our Charlotte? Do you like her?" yup never excuse yourself that is what i have learned... any ways I come out and the friend has the waitress say to me... "he likes you... you are good to go" I wanted to crawl in and out of my shoes at the same time. Later we are standing outside and I start to shiver.... I always seem to be cold... well my friend turns to me..."oh are you cold?" He puts his arm around me and starts to rub my arm to warm me up... then says Hey Nick you keep her warm and SHOVES me at Mr N.... I was taken off guard and if Mr N had not caught me I would have gone flying into the concreete planter... But he did catch me.... and all I could think was "Blair I am going to kill you and .... boy is Nick ever warm and smells good.

The next day after Church the girls wanted to go to the farmers market and I am always up for that... so we were going to meet another friend there... and once we were there they told me that the other friend was also going to bringing Nick.... And the rest is history... We talked on the phone for hours Monday and Tuesday then went on our first date Wednesday, and the rest as they say is history....

Long story... good story... True story..

Till next time enjoy your tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment