Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ohhhh Shiny

Good- Morning!!
Well I thought I would type while this whole blogging thing is still new and exciting (hoping to form a habit, for when the shine wears off). No need to worry, I will not be adding entries every day... but since I am up and the computer is un attended... ba ha ha... watch out world.

So I am sitting here trying hard figure out what to say. I know what you are thinking "Charlotte lost for words!! What is this world coming to?!!??" Take a slow deep breath and let me assure you I am not at all lost for things to say. I am just wondering which one to tell you about first?

First I guess we should address the strangest change in my life. HOCKEY!! That's right I watch it on T.V (during playoffs only). I sit in cold arenas wrapped in blankets wearing mittens wondering how people don't fall down and break their necks. (really only watching one player and boy is he fast... I loose track of him a lot) I have even attended an NHL game (okay lets be honest the tickets were given to me for free but I did go)

So what cataclysmic event could cause this change? You got it right.... that is you got it right if you guessed a man. What I like about hockey is I get to spend lots of time reading snuggled up next to my MR. N. He watches and I consult my handy pocket dictionary of hockey terms. (Best birthday present ever). Now this girl who loves random facts knows just enough about hockey to be dangerous. Now I have a few great hockey facts to add to my random facts file in my brain. (don't ask me what they are cause they only come out when they want to). Oh and I have discovered that people are very passionate about this sport. You have to be careful what you say and how you say it... you can offend people just by wearing a sweater.

I have to say that my favourite thing about hockey.... is comparing it to grade 2 and recess... I am trying hard to learn not to comment on how strange the rules seem to be. But you know me I am not very good at keeping my thoughts to my self. I do however try hard to keep them to intermission and commercials.
My second favourite thing about the playoffs... FOOD... did you know that people like to snack during games... oh yah... so I have tried making many different (quiet) foods to go with the games... ummm chicken wings... so many foods to try and make. I find my self hoping the team that Mr. N watches makes it farther in the playoffs as I have more recipes that I would like to try out. As you can see I have discovered there is more to this game that meets the eye. A FOOD TESTER THAT DOES NOT MOVE FOR HOURS!! Really what more could a girl ask for? If I had known I may have gotten into this watching sports thing sooner.

As you can tell I could go on for a very long time. But as I am in the mountains (radium) I need to get going. There are adventures. (even if that only includes looking out the window)

till next time... enjoy your tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your fellow has introduced a new love into your life. And any chance to try out recipes is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny to read this from you. I myself have always been a hockey fan. I love the sport, but it's one of those interest that I engaged in occasionally. Since Lyle and I started dating we watch EVERY game. Ahh, boys and their sports...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food Is fun :) since I love to feed people I may eventually need to have a hockey watching party at my place. :) They will do the watching and I will do the cooking... sounds WIN WIN to me.

    ReplyDelete