Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Confession Time

Now some of you may already know... and right now some of you are speculating... it would be interesting to know what you are thinking right now....
Deep Breath Here we go..... I Charlotte bought a box set of John Wayne movies FOR MYSELF!!....

Not what you were thinking?? Ohhh sorry... but you know it can be a little interesting to tell people about my love for one John Wayne movie in particular. Yes I will admit that I bought an entire box set for one movie.... but you need to understand... I plead with you to understand.... "North to Alaska" is never in a box set.... never I say... and there it was in costco... sitting there waiting for me.... taunting me... so I picked up the box and looked at Mr N and said.... ahhhhhh (accompanied with little kid dancing feet and possibly some mild excitement based giggles and bouncing in a circle) then looked at the price (which was one dollar more than amazon was selling the ONE movie for..... you see I may be strange but also fiscally responsible in my obsessions. Are you proud??... no??.... a little embarrased to know me?... you see that last one is a normal reaction....

Now for those of you who know you could skip this part .... but I thought I would confess to the rest of the world that I have watched this movie so many time that my VHS copy now has entire sections that don't work any more.... so the DVD had to come home with me.....

Now Family types who are reading this may now be saying "Charlotte why do you need to buy the movie when you can and have recited the entire thing??)
My answer to that is...... How can you expect me and Granddad to watch it over the phone together if I don't have a copy without "snow storms" in the middle??

For the rest of you who don't know..... Every time my Granddad and I get together... (much to the dismay of some family members) We watch it together... and quote it... and sing along...
And when this movie comes on or one of us has the need to watch it we call each other and co-ordinate tv channels or queue up our copies and just know that we are watching it together....

So you can see.... why it was a NEED not a want....

In the spirit of true confession.... this is not the first John Wayne box set that I own... You may now question why you love me... but you just know that you can't do with out me and my awesome randomness....

till next time... enjoy your tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. You should do a John Wayne marathon so that the other movies in the box set don't feel neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to do that Bec.... we would not want the movies to feel neglected...

    ReplyDelete