Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Million Little Hugs...

Okay now a million may be a stretch.... but yesterday I went to school to visit my students for the first time since I left on medical leave...  as I was walking into the school.... I was spotted by some sharp eyed students... and nothing warms your heart like hearing a chorus of little voices " Miss Mackin is here... Miss Mackin... Miss Mackin...Look it's her it's Miss Mackin!!"

Then I received many little hugs and many questions often being asked right on top of the others.... "Miss Mackin... are you sick?...You don't look sick??... are you coming back... I missed you... you have not hugged me in a long time....are you married?? Did he take you away??..

I received much love... little love big love... even a smile or two from some JR high students...

It was wonderful and exhausting all at the same time. I was able to read some books to the students.... we read "woolbur" and "Charlie's Superhero Underpants" we talked and shared stories...
And just for fun we tried to pronounce my soon to be new last name... oi... that was different.... I think Relkooo was one of favorites. :)

I learned a lot yesterday... 1. I am really not ready to go back (tired after 1 class YIKES) and 2. I love my job....

Ohhh did I tell you?? No I guess I did not as you are just reading this... they wrote me a poem... and it went like this...

Miss Mackin

I always love to hear Miss Mackin sing
she always makes such a zing
We like it when she teaches art
and always makes us feel smart
Miss Mackin asks us to dance
when we have ants in our pants
her jokes are very funny
she makes each day feel sunny.

We love you Miss Mackin!!
We Miss you!!

It was so very cute.

Well I should let you all go... if you need some hugs the fastest way to get one is to give one...


Till next time... enjoy your tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment