Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sandwich in a Bowl

Now you may think that sounds disturbing... pause for a second.... and hear me out.
Okay so here is the thing... I love a good ham sandwich with cheese and perhaps a dill pickle. Well about 4 years ago I found a recipe for ham and cheese soup. I thought it sounded weird...but not as weird as the dill pickle soup. (I have not tried that one)
When I made this soup... it had gluten and dairy (two big no, no's for me now) So I thought it was off the menu. However I tried making it again today... imagine if you will a yummy bowl of soup that tastes like a ham and cheese sandwich. Ummmmmm I would have taken a picture to share but as I was hungrily spooning food into my mouth. So really as you can tell there really was no time.  It was rich and creamy and dilly and hammy and cheezy.... oh my...
You may now think to your self how did she pull it off without the evil.. ahhh hemmm sorry I mean gluten and dairy.
Here is how there is this yummy cheese replacement stuff and I have learned that almond milk is creamy and delicious not to mention if you want to thicken sauces and gravy ... sweet rice flour is amazing....

Put those all together and you get YUM!!
I am now on the hunt to create gluten free bread bowls... and if my stove was working (long story and a ranty one at that) I would make some... I have a french bread recipe that should work... but I will have to let you know...

Okay so it is late and really you should know that I am just thinking about the leftovers and thinking they would make a great snack.... so that leads to a no direction rant with many words that have added "y" on the end.


The long and the short of it is this... just because you have allergies or food intolerance does not mean you have to live with out a sandwich in a bowl.

till next time... enjoy your tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment